Sunday 25 September 2011

Michael Jackson saved Janet Jackson's ex-husband James DeBarge life

Once upon a time Michael Jackson saved Janet Jackson's ex-husband James DeBarge life from committing suicide.

Reading Festival tickets online

Singer James DeBarge was briefly married to Jackson's sister Janet in 1984 told how he was threatening to jump from a building until the late 'Thriller' singer talked him down.

In an episode of new US talk show Lifechangers James explains: "One time I was on the roof of his house. I was going to jump and everyone was losing it.

"He was the only one not freaking out. He seemed to be familiar with my pain. He knew I needed someone to talk to, so he was that ear.

"So we just talked all night and I forgot that I was even on the roof and that I was going to jump."

James was a member of Rhythm of the Night family group DeBarge with his brothers Eldra, Mark, James and sister Bunny. He ran with Janet when she was only 18, but less than a year later their marriage was annulled.

No comments:

Post a Comment